COODE ISLAND COMMUNITY

CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEE

 

Adopted Minutes

 

Tuesday, 11th November, 2016

Held at Terminals Pty Ltd,

70-78 Mackenzie Road, West Melbourne @ 3:00pm

 

PRESENT

 

 

Robin Saunders:

CICCC / Chairperson

Bro Sheffied-Brotherton

Community Rep/Committee

 

Faye Simpson

Community Rep./Committee

Susan Chatterton

Minute Taker, Terminals Pty Ltd

 

Michael Isaachsen

Community Rep/Committee

Don McKenzie

State Manager, Victoria

 

Ian Thomas

Community Rep/Committee

Gary OÕSullivan

Operations Manager, Terminals Pty Ltd

 

 

 

 ITEM 1.      WELCOME BY THE CHAIR, APOLOGIES & CONFIRMATION OF DRAFT           AGENDA

 

Robin

Welcome.

 

Apologies – Deborah McFarlane, Mark Dalrymple, Deborah Brown

 

Draft Agenda – Confirmed

Robin

Suggest that I write to Mark and thank him for the report.  Make the point that it has been a number of years since MCC has attended the CICCC meetings. The City of Maribyrnong  was an initiator of the CICCC because the sphere of influence from the facility of off-site impacts falls within its residential areas, and this still applies today.   The committee looks forward to seeing him at the next meeting. 

 

ITEM 2.       CONFIRM DRAFT MINUTES FOR THE MEETING 9th AUGUST, 2016,      REVIEW ACTION ITEM LIST

 

Draft Minutes of the 9th August, 2016 adopted.

 

Action Items

 

02/2016/2

Annual Report to Community

 

As far as back reports on Environmental work our Environmental Manager is busy and the update will be done after Christmas.

02/2016/4

David to email the overheads of his presentation.

 

Don to action and send to Robin

08/2016/1

Invite Deborah Brown COO to next meeting.

 

Deborah is in Sydney at the time of this meeting, then on holidays for the January meeting.  Will look at attending the April meeting.

08/2016/2

Gary to return to the old format of Operations Report.

 

System is in transition and will have updated format next meeting.

 

ITEM 3.       IAN THOMASÕ REQUEST

 

 

Robin

There are now no constraints on matters that can be addressed  by members at our meetings. Information and discussion should be relevant to the operation, environmental impacts and safety of the facility.

 

 

 

ITEM 4.       REPORTS FROM TERMINALS AND AGENCIES

 

 

 

TERMINALS PTY LTD

Don

Since take over we have suffered a lowering of revenue through customers exiting the market.  TPL have developed new customers but with lower margins resulting in profits lower than projected.

We are now seeing more intermediary traders in the chemical market that are reluctant to sign long term contracts.

Work is being done on securing a new product at Geelong – a 10 year contract. 

 

Solar Panels.

Robin

When will the funds now be sought from the board?

Don

Given the dip in profit Solar Panels will not be a high priority even though they are a money saving project.

 

Lease ends 2022 and Terminals are starting negotiations with the new Port of Melbourne who have talked about massive rate increases.

 

Manufacturing industries are on the downturn therefore not requiring products.

Our major competitor in the Sydney market, Vopak, walked away from their chemical business 12 months ago.

Robin

What about all your new projects in the other states?

Don

Adelaide Fuel Terminal is operating as designed, Botany fuel project is going ahead and we have a lease on land in Newcastle.

Ian

What is happening in New Zealand?

Don

The Company in New Zealand is doing quite well on the back of the Dairy industry. The Wellington plant is idling along.  New Plymouth is doing well, and in Auckland we have an exit date. 

Don

As a company TPL have spent the last 18 months putting a lot more rigor and control into our internal processes that will stand us in good stead for the future. These include MEX our maintenance system and Integrum our new incident and action tracking system.

Robin

Thanked Don for his overview of the sectorÕs current position, which assists the committee to better understand the present market constraints.

 

 

 

Operations Report

 

 

Michael

What does the line indicating the number of ships tell us as it is a flat line?  The 4 ships in May are they either an import or export and not both?

Gary

That is correct?

Robin

The line on the graph probably should be removed and just indicate number of ships.

Gary

Lost a client that has been on site for 35 years.

Don

Manufacturing base not there anymore.

 

Incidents

Don

Explained the new incident reporting system.

Gary

What we have presented is only the front page of the incident.  The report will show the type, whether it was a Customer Complaint etc.

Don

I will show the committee at the next meeting. 

Ian

Very well written, very clear information

Don

Incidents get broadcasted to everyone and we can select who it goes to.

Faye

Computerization – forms, maintenance system, is this creating more work or saving time.

Don

It is a great tool for the future and saves a lot of time.

Ian

Would it now be quite unusual to print out incident reports?

Don

Yes

Faye

So the predictive aspect is working?

Don

Yes very much so

Faye

If you cease to be a Major Hazard Facility are you able to convert to another industry?

Don

If we cease to exist as a chemical storage there would be few options available to us on this site.

 

ITEM 5.       OTHER BUSINESS

 

 

 

No other business

 

 

 

 

Next meeting Tuesday, 24th January, 2017 on site at Coode Island at 3.00pm

 

 

FUTURE MEETING DATES FOR 2017:  11 April, 25 July and 14 November

All meetings are on site at 70-78 Mackenzie Road Coode Island at 3:00pm.

MEETING CLOSED 4:30pm